Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Day 10

WOW! I feel so alive. Just finished 41 minutes of intense cardio outside. Loved it!! I forgot how good it feels to be outside when I'm working hard. What a perfect start to my day.

I wanted to share a few thoughts from BFL founder Bill Phillips. In the BFL journal
Phillips says this... "No matter who you are, this much I promise: YOU have the power to change!"
Think about that. He doesn't say "I have the power to change you." But rather "YOU have the power to change YOU." How many times have we spent money on some new gadget, book or DVD hoping "it" will change us, help us lose weight, break a bad habit or whatever. This is what I love about the BFL program...it empowers YOU.

Another thought from Phillips..."Sometimes you may feel as if you're having a tug of war between your old self and your new self. It's not easy to make the type of changes in your life that you've decided to make. In your moments of decision, when you feel like eating ice cream at night or don't want to work out in the morning, ask yourself this, "Who do I want to be today: the old me or the new me?" Your body and your life are being shaped by these moment-to-moment decisions. It's those decisions that brought you to where you were at the beginning of this Program. And if you continue to make decisions the old way, you're going to continue to produce the same results. To create different results, you have to take a different approach. It's not easy to stand up to yourself, but you can do it!"

I read this yesterday and it put everything in perspective. In the past I would start a diet, a plan, whatever...go great guns for a week then we'd go to my favorite restaurant, a movie or make cookies and I'd just go off plan, telling myself I deserved because I'd been so good.

Like Bill says it's those moment-to-moment decisions that matter...they shape us. They reveal who we are and what we want. I've decided that this is my moment. My moment to be true to myself, to give it my all, to change.

0 comments: