Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Day 17


I did a lot of thinking during my walk this morning. It's a beautiful, hot, muggy morning in Missouri...I love that!! Reminds me of my lazy days in Iowa during my childhood...anyway...I was thinking about my plan and realized this is the first time in years I haven't even been tempted to cheat. Not once! And it's Day 17!!! Oh, sure I've thought things like "I'm so hungry, more food sounds good" but even though I'm thinking that I'm not doing that. I don't even think about actually doing it...know what I mean?

I forgot to post on Monday that I had a super cool thing happen to me...I actually was using 12 pound weights!! This is huge for me. I injured my neck years ago and have lots of pain with that. Haven't been able to even really lift much past a 5 pound weight. But...I told myself I would get past that pain, improve my neck strength and finish this challenge weights and all. So now look at me just after 2 weeks I'm beyond anything I ever imagined!! I am just so pleased with that!

In the BFL journal here is part of the entry from Bill Phillips for Day 17

"Reading your goals every morning and night will help you stay on course. Committing your goals to memory helps even more as it harnesses the power of a part of your mind called the "frontal cortex". Quite simply, the frontal cortex is a guidance system that directs your concious and subconscious thoughts, patterns and actions. When your mind is focused on achieving specific goals, you will notice reduced stress and increased clarity, satisfaction, and peace of mind."

I guess it would be pretty easy for me to get frustrated and want to quit right now. I haven't lost any significant weight, I'm not wearing a size smaller and my fat is still there (LOL!). However, everything I read about this Challenge assures me that if I stay the course, eat right, exercise and all that I will see results in week 6 - 8. So, I'm staying the course, I'm not giving in and I'm gonna look at those goals DAILY!

**BTW, I will share my goals with you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Megan Aaron said...

wow! you go girl! I had a good day today too! Except that I can't get to Scrapwords, or two other sites that I usually visit. its weird.

Kristin said...

You are doing so great! I love your attitude and I am glad that you are blogging about your challenge. It is inspiring to read. Thanks.