Monday, July 28, 2008

Day 36 & colors

Happy Monday! Today is Day 36 in my BFL Challenge. I can't believe I've made it this far. Wow, I'm half way finished!!! Here's a bit from BFL founder Bill Phillips...

"One of the interesting contradictions of life is that we want to change, and yet at some level, we want to stay the same. But you can't do both. You have to want change more than you want to stay the same..."

I know I'm at that point where I do want that change. I've come so far...this morning during my leg workout I took time to write down what has changed about me in the last 6 weeks. Here ya' go.

1) Activities are now revolving around the people, the event and not the food.
2) I eat smaller portions
3) I get full faster
4) My blood sugar is more even throughout the day. Hardly any of those highs and lows. I rarely eat or crave sugar these days!!
5) I'm not tempted by foods and on those rare occasions I am I just think about my nice, lean waist I'm after.
6) I am using up to 12 lb. weights where before I was only using 3-6 pounds
7) less head and neck aches!!
8) I look forward to my strength training
9) I am calmer, more focused and feel happier and more at peace with each day I'm on the Challenge
10) I have lost 3 pounds since starting the Challenge
11) I can feel my upper body, back and legs getting tighter
12) My waist is shrinking
13) Seeing definition in my legs for the first time in years!!

The next 6 weeks I want to push it up a notch. I'm ready to get really serious. Here are my goals for the next 6 weeks...

1) Put more into each workout. Heavier weights, 45 to 60 minutes of cardio each workout
2) Plan my meals (I haven't been so good at this and it does make a difference)
3) More veggies.
4) Whey protein shakes once a day
5) Myoplex bars once a day
6) Only 1 FREE DAY...this past week I've had a few too many of my fave foods spread throughout the week that aren't so good for me
7) Remember the American Idol Concert on August 29th and the shirt I bought that I so want to be able to wear!!!

Just found out my dear friend Kristen will be starting the Challenge soon. I am so excited for her and me so we can cheer each other on!!!!

Oh, one more thing...I've decided to go a bit different with my Blog colors and layout. I am so loving this summery feel.

Make it a great day...oh, be sure and head over to Scrapwords this week. New Chatterbox will be coming in this week!!!

0 comments: