Monday, July 7, 2008

Week 3





What a great weekend!! We left Friday morning (the 4th of July) for my hometown of Fort Madison. We got there around 2:30 in the afternoon and headed straight for one of our favorite restaurants The Parthenon. I knew that this would be my FREE DAY on the plan so I indulged in a plate of hot, crispy fries and a tenderloin...finished it off with a small vanilla cone.
**Just so you know it was a real challenge eating today. Even though it was my free day I didn't want to have a free for all type of day. It ended up okay.

Saturday proved to be the hardest regarding my Challenge.

We headed over to Carthage, Illinois for the Kern Family Reunion. We had not all been together since I was 10 or 11 so this was a real treat!! I knew there would be food and for me food, fun and family all go hand in hand. I had decided earlier in the week I would focus on the people rather than the food. For the most part this worked! So while I came away eating more off plan than on and honestly taking another FREE DAY for the week I did so much better than I would have in the past. I consider that a victory over making food the priority rather than the reunion.
**Check out all the fun reunion photos at the top of this post!!!

The top photo is of me with my cousins...Andy is on the left and Dale is on the right. We were all born in a row in 1966...August, September and October!! Throughout our childhood we were called the Three Muskateers and were never apart during family gatherings. I hadn't seen Andy in 6 or 7 years...we had such a blast!! The next photo is most everyone that came to the reunion. The third photo is my cousin Dale's wife Missy. We are very good friends and I am so blessed she is my family, too. She is my Design Team Queen on Scrapwords. The fourth photo is me and Dale off on a motorcycle adventure. I was scared here...but it turned out to be fun!!

What I learned this past week being on the Challenge and traveling is it is hard, you have to plan and keep up with your workouts!! I worked out Saturday morning in the hotel gym. I did 40 minutes of high intensity cardio on the treadmill...felt GREAT!! Also be sure and pack clean eating food. I didn't do that...so it was easier to not stay on plan. I have learned my lesson.

**The number one thing I learned while gone this weekend is that I AM committed to finishing the Challenge. It would have been so easy for me to just pig-out and say...oh, what the heck. But I didn't and I got right back into this morning doing my upper body workout as well as 28 minutes of cardio.

I am going to post a Week 3 photo of myself this Friday. This will give me an incentive to keep eating clean!!

0 comments: