Sunday, June 15, 2008

Scrapbook Inspiration

A few days ago while visiting our friends in Utah for their daughter's wedding I was asked, on the spot, to create her wedding scrapbook/guest book. Wow! What pressure!! Heidi (the bride) gave me 22 photos and said...get to it!

With just a few supplies in hand I was sent to the neighbor's house (thanks, Kara!!). She was so sweet and generous. Kara had turned her kitchen table into a scrapping zone with scissors, rub-ons, stamps and glue dots. Having just a handful of wedding type supplies I got down to the task at hand...creating a scrapbook worthy of a lifetime of memories for Heidi and Preston. At first I was overwhelmed and a bit worried. I only had 4 "wedding" type products to choose from. How in the heck was I going to make this work?

Two hours later as I was finishing up the final page I realized that sometimes working with less supplies is better than having dozens of products to choose from. For one my mind wasn't on creative overload. I was forced to think outside of the box and use only what I had. Secondly, it was so refreshing creating something with a "simple" theme. Looking back through the pages I was so happy with the results. The important question though was...Would Heidi love it?

When I brough the book back to the Van Leers I nervously let her family check it out. They LOVED it! But would Heidi? I am so happy to say...she did!!

I learned one very important thing creating that book...simple is best. I promise when I get home to scrap so much more...focusing not on the design or the products or "look" of the page but rather the fun, the joy and the pleasure of creating something so special!!

Here's to finding the joy in scrapping again...

0 comments: