Monday, September 15, 2008

Plan

Happy Monday!! What a glorious day it is. I had a WONDERFUL weekend. Just totally relaxed, spent time with my family and got organized. I'm ready for the week and well on my way to "making a fresh start" this month!

First let{readmore}'s get to the Challenge for the week. Last week I had so much fun scrapping "Embrace Imperfection". I finished up my layout on Saturday and am so pleased with it. I'll share later in the week. Here is this week's Challenge: "Scrap a moment in your life that brought you pure joy."

**Remember to share your creativity here with us in your Blogs!! We want to see what you come up with!! If you'd like to enter the contest mail me your work to les262@embarqmail.com by Sunday afternoon at 3pm September 21st. The winner receives $15 to spend in the store.

**********************************************************************

I will post my taco soup recipe this week. It was delicious, warm and comforting. Nothing like a pot of soup on a chilly day to warm the soul.:)

*******************************************************************

Saturday was Jammie Day at our house. We spent the entire day in our jammies. We played Uno, watched several movies, scrapped, laughed, snuggled and ended the night by watching our old family movies...specifically Dave and I's wedding reception. We got a kick out of seeing ourselves so much younger and the kids had a blast, too!! Plus I got to see my Dad who died in 1996. What great memories. We have decided to have Jammie Day at least every 2 months but will try hard to have it once a month (especially this winter). It is exactly what I needed!

That night as I was laying in bed thinking about the days events as well as all that was still on my to-do list I had a "lightbulb moment". An "A-Ha moment" as Oprah calls it. I was trying to figure out what I could differently with my days to make them run smoother, be more productive and be happier. The word PLAN popped in my head and just sort of stayed there until I fell asleep. I woke up Sunday super excited as it was still there. I thought back to my marathon training days and remembered how meticulously I would plan my daily runs, what I ate and the routes I would take. I PLANNED everything out in order to be able to finish my marathon successfully. This is what I realized I needed to do in my daily life in order to be a success with homeschooling, my diet, my website, my family time and everything else in between. After church I gathered all my stuff to do, my calendar and anything else I needed and got to work. 5 hours later I had my plan for the week and felt great!!! This morning during Jackson' school time I'm gonna finish up with planning our meals for the week and shopping list. This is gonna be one great week!

I'm sure many of you already plan. I used to plan but lately I've just been flying by the seat of my pants. This, I realized Saturday night is why I've been failing in several areas of my life. I'm tired of that. I'm making a fresh start for September and looking forward to my busy life without all the stress. I'll let you know how it's going.

0 comments: