Thursday, September 4, 2008

Making a Fresh Start


**This month on my website Scrapwords we are talking about "Making a Fresh Start". Monday I posted 6 questions to ask yourself in hopes of making you see what direction you need to go in your life. Here is what I found out about myself...

I took time Tuesday night during my son's football practice to work on the questions I posted in my Blog Monday. Some of my answers I already knew but others I was surprised by. Here is a bit of what I've learned about myself and what my heart wants.

When did I last feel connected to myself? A few weeks ago when I was in my scraproom with Jackson. It was late at night and we were laughing, chatting and scrappin! I finished 2 pages and felt such a sense of joy and peace. I also feel this way during my walks outside or my weight sessions.

What desires want to be heard? 1-a shorter, hip haircut 2-fun, meaningful scrapbook pages 3-to be creative daily. Alter a few projects. 4-get pics and knick knacks up in our home (I still haven't done in our new home!) 5-to be fit and athletic and nourish my body with healthy foods 6-to have Scrapwords be a large community dedicated to inspiring women around the world 7-to write for inspiration 8-write an E-book

When I've trusted my desires in the past I have found that...

I've been able to accomplish large, life-long goals/dreams of mine! Examples include...

1) ran 2 marathons

2) finished a triathlon and learned how to swim

3) started Scrapwords

4) married my husband and had two great kids

5) I become an athlete

6) I found the Church I'd been searching for whole life and am at last at PEACE!!

Other insights I learned from answering Monday's questions...

1) I have been reacting to others and letting their actions stress me out

2) I have missed being truly happy to my core

3) To find my center again I need to read scriptures, scrap once a week at least, continue writing, nourish my body with healthy foods and exercise, create, finish getting our home decorated so it feels warm and cozy!

**I really enjoyed this exercise and hope you did, too. I will post more thought provoking questions and information Friday.

0 comments: