Friday, September 5, 2008

Angel Network

Stephanie or "Nie" is on the right. She was in a plane crash just weeks ago and burned horribly. Her face is badly burned and she will never look this way again.

I believe in doing good things. I believe in helping those in need. I believe in helping those people I don't even know in hopes to help them understand that their are people in the world who genuinely care for others. I'd like to think if tragedy ever struck my family, there would be dozensof caring souls who would send a card, call on the phone or stop by to see what they could do to help.

Several months ago (like last winter) my friend Lisa Bearnson started an Angel Network on her Blog. I enjoyed helping two people she featured there-one whom occasionally stops by Scrapwords, quietly "lurking in the shadows". My heart goes out to Nadine on the tragic loss of her sweet little boy. Lisa invited her Blog readers to send her cards and letters in hopes they would bring some sort of happiness to Nadine's life. Not only did I mail her a card but I sent a surprise box full of Scrapwords products. My heart felt such joy.

I have been waiting for the right time to join Lisa's "Angel" efforts so we, too can help others in their time of need. I have found someone we can help and ask each of you to take a moment this weekend to drop Stephanie or "Nie Nie" as she's lovingly known to her friends and Blog readers a note of encouragement.

I found out about Nie's sad story on Ali's Blog yesterday. It touched my heart so much that I went back and read through the story again. I know I am supposed to do my small part and help this young woman any way I can. I believe that along with the power of our words and the kindness each of you has she will know that she's not alone in her fight.

Nie and her husband were in a plane crash just weeks ago. She suffered severe burns. Please take time to read her sister's Blog and be sure and take a peak at Nie's blog as well.

Here is the address to mail your cards and letters:

C Jane

2250 North University Parkway #4876

Provo, Utah 84604-1590

Thank you guys so much.

**P.S. If you know of someone or a family that needs encouragement please PM. Thank you so much!!!! Together we CAN and WILL make a difference!!!

0 comments: