Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Week 7, Contest and more...


Happy Tuesday. Life has been pretty hectic lately. Very stressful, I've felt out of sorts. This time of year is my least favorite...not because I don't like August but because of the type of business we're in everything just gets tight...our business dwindles down to almost nothing...so it tends to put us all in bad moods. :( Thankfully the college students will be back in three weeks and we will be able to breathe once again.

It's Week 7 in my Body for Life Challenge. I don't know that I'm losing anything right now but I'll tell you I'm determined not to go off this plan!! In many ways I'm kicking myself for not being as diligent as I should have been about my food but on the other hand when I look at how far I've come emotionally I really have improved my life. My pants still fit the same as they did in Week 4...which is better than Week 1 but not where I'd hoped to be by Week 7. The main thing is this...with all this stress that is swirling around me I'm not giving up this Challenge!! In the past when I've tried this plan, life would get in the way and I'd just say FORGET IT!! This time I've come too far to throw in the towel.

I haven't missed one workout yet. So proud of that. I'm eating great this week!! Do not eat off plan for the next 5 weeks is my goal. I can do that!

So check out my new hairstyle. What do you think? I'm learning to love it. It's shorter than I wanted but it is fun and easy to wear. So I think the change is good!! I wear it all poofy and cute...so I'm using more styling products...Aussie will love that.

We're having a cool contest over at Scrapwords. You should check it out TODAY. "100 Adjectives that Describe You". Really makes you stop and think about what you think of yourself. I'm loving that!

I am so thankful for my friends!! This morning I called my good friend Amber. She is getting ready to have her 6th child...wow!! Anyway, she really helped me this morning...I needed to be reminded that everything would be okay. For being so fabulous to me I offered to take 4 of her children along with me and Emma to the FREE movie this afternoon. I am looking forward to that. Friends are God's gift to us...for sure.

My Mom and I had some super sad news thrown our way yesterday...our dear family friend passed away suddenly Monday night. Her name was Palmyra but everyone called her Pal. She was one of the sweetest, most giving people I've ever known. Mom, Em and I will be traveling to Fort Madison Wednesday for the funeral.

Take time today to enjoy your family, your friends and all that you love. We never know when our life here on earth will be no more.

Enjoy the day!

1 comments:

Phogles said...

I didn't even say anything about it, but your hair looks fabulous! And thanks for taking the kids. You're an angel.