Saturday, August 30, 2008



One guess where I was last night?! The American Idols Live Tour in Kansas City!!! I did more screaming than I've ever done at a concert...WOW! Here were last nights standouts...

1) Michael Johns-I loved him from day one and thought for sure he'd make it to the Top3. After last night there is no doubt he should have. He came out on stage singing We Will Rock You by Queen...AWESOME! His voice...I will buy his album as soon as it hits the shelves. He not only is a talented singer but his interaction with us was right on. Several of the idols had ZERO personality last night (think Ramielle...she is a terrible singer btw and Kristy Lee Cook had zip when talking with the audience).

2) Carly Smithson-HOLY COW this girl can SING!! If I hadn't been a fan before I would have been after last night. She belted out Heart's Crazy on You and rocked the house. She is so pretty in person, too.

3) Brooke White-What a sweet heart! She opened with her piano playing the Beatles song she did on the show Let It Be. This was so cool for me as that is one of my favorite songs-EVER! She was super cute with all of us, too. She played fun, light, folksy songs after Let It Be.

4) Jason Castro-A disappointment. After last night I realized he never should have made it to the Top 4. I mean he had a few good songs on American Idol but actually hearing him live-not so good. His first song was the BEST!! he sang Over the Rainbow. After that the singing and the songs turned amateurish. Too bad.

5) David Archuletta-His voice is so PURE. This kid can sing the pants off anybody. What an amazing gift he has been given!! He is so sweet, down to earth and you just want to hug him!!:) My daughter adores him and about fainted when he came out. I was very disappointed though...he didn't sing John Lennon's Imagine.

6) David Cook-One word STAR!!! I have been a David Cook fan since day one and it was obvious last night that when Paula, Randy and Simon heard him along with Dave Archuletta they knew they had two stars on their hands. David can sing, he plays the guitar, he puts on one amazing show, he interacts with the audience like a pro and he is humble. This guy is going to be the biggest selling idol EVER!!! That is just my opinion of course. You should have heard the crowd last night. First of all we were in his hometown. He's from Blue Springs which is Kansas City...so we met people last night who knew him personally and they all had these shirts made...it was fun seeing that! David came out in a Kansas Chiefs jersey singing his version of Lionel Ritchie's song Hello. Oh, man I love that song!! We all screamed so long and so loud. He finally cracked, just stood there looking at all of us and began crying. He was so overwhelmed with the reaction of his hometown. He is just so sweet *sigh*.

All in all this was my favorite Idol concert to date. I've been to Season 3 and Season 5 concerts. Season 3 was the year of John Peter Lewis or fondly called JPL. We saw George Huff and Fantasia, too. Season 5 was Carrie Underwood and my favorite Bo Bice.

With another Idol season over my family and I eagerly await for January when the new season begins. No doubt there will be another concert in our future!

0 comments: