Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Warning: Political but please read to the end!!

I gotta tell you...I'm not in the least bit happy this man will be the 44th President of the United States. To say I'm shocked...well, I'm not. I had my doubts about McCain pulling this off. I mean, look at all the new voters we had this year. In one way it's just great we had the largest voter turn out ever. I'm all about voting (see my post yesterday). And I'm not going to sit here and spew hateful things towards Barack Obama or his supporters (lots of them are my friends, after all). But what I am going to say is my husband and I have been small business owners for nearly 20 years. We believe with all our heart that with our new President Elect we will have to give up our business due to over taxing, mandated health care and an increase in the minimum wage.

This past year we raised our prices 3 times. THREE times!!! Did we want to charge our friends and neighbors more for our product??? NO!! We live in a small community and know many of our customers by name. We know that during tough, economic times the last thing people want to do is spend more money on something. But let me tell you, people...we had no choice. With the rising cost of everything my family and I were struggling to make our payments. We have cut back dramatically in every area of our life in order to meet our financial responsibilities.

By electing Barack Obamba as our next President we fully expect our taxes will be raised, wages, and that mandated health care plan of his. Guess what? My family and I don't have health care!! Why? We can't afford it every month! Yeah, we own a business and we can't afford health care for ourselves!! How in the heck are we gonna pay for our employees??!

Okay, I promised myself I wouldn't go on and on. Like I said, some of my dearest friends supported this man...I don't want to make any enemies. I just wanted to get my view out there. Yes, I agree we needed change. But this is not the change I wanted.

My husband and I hope and pray we are wrong about President Elect Obama. We hope we can look back at our hesitation in supporting this man and one day be able to say...

"And to think we didn't vote for him. What were we thinking?!"

1 comments:

rich and steph said...

Hello fellow Twilighter:) Yes, I bought the ring and it is beautiful!!! And i completely agree with your post. I live in Az as you know, work as a nurse and I know exactly what you mean about what he promised. I truly hope I have to eat my words too:(