Monday, October 27, 2008

Mondays

What glorious Sunday we all had. Church was the BEST!! I am Primary President (in charge of all the kids from Nursery to 12 years old) and most Sunday's are pretty hectic. While that is okay it's so important for me to have the Spirit with me so the kids can then have it with them. Well this Sunday it all just worked!! We talked about serving others then created cards for the children we haven't seen at church in awhile. There little faces were so excited! One of my little Sunbeams (Sophie) kept saying..."Sister Ackman, when are we gonna pass these all to ALL the kids? We gotta get these passed out so we can get them to all come to CHURCH!!"

One of the older boys just summed it up like this "Don't be stupid. Come to our church."
Oh, my heck the things kids say!!! I LOVE serving these children!!!!

On another note...I've got one killer migraine today. They seem to be getting worse. Thought I'd give my Doctor a ring and ask her about this new migraine med I saw on TV a few weeks ago. Somethings got to happen as they are becoming way more intense.

Lots going on this week...

Scrapwords stuff
friends over for dinner
Young Women movie night at our house
carving pumpkins
cleaning house
grocery shop
making birthday cards for the Primary kids at my house
passing out candy at my new shop Scrapwords Thursday night for Halloween
and about 30 other things!!!

Yeah, Scrapwords is going to have a home in Maryville on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I think it will be fun.

Okay, well nothing too exciting, inspiring or creative but this is life and I LOVE it!! I could do without the migraine though...

2 comments:

Jan said...

I love my Primary Sundays as well. I don't think I ever stop moving and never sit down (for sure!) -- but love being with the kids, hearing them sing, and feeling the spirit with them. What a gift.

Hope the migraines can be taken care of - that's not fun!

rich and steph said...

I love your scrapwords site!! I am in no way crafty with scrapbooking. Bought all the stuf years ago and just could not get into it. But I do love to quilt. It is my relaxing release for me. Last christmas I made a memory quilt for my boss. She had saved up tshirts from the kids, school uniforms, pillow cases, etc. So I pieced together a quilt for her son and daughter. They turned out so cute that I did not want to give them to her!! I also learned how to do the photograph quilts and made a grandchildren quilt for my mom and dad. Now I just need to get back into it...