Friday, April 11, 2008

My son's debut



What a big weekend it is for my 13 year old son Jackson. Last January we drove to St. Joseph to meet with two Proscout agents. Jacks had to do one 30 second interview. That's it...just one. They loved him! In fact they told us that as soon as he had walked in the room they could see his personality!! Cool! So, they gave Jacks an invitation to the Proscout 2-day event in Kansas City this weekend. I am way more nervous about all of this than he is.

Jacks has been working hard on his monologue and we finally got a few snapshots of him. Basically what this weekend will be is learning all the ins and outs of showbiz and modeling. I'm sure we'll have our eyes opened and come away with a whole new perspective on the industry. He has the chance to meet with dozens of top-notch casting agents in the business. We are so excited!!

I am so happy for my son and a bit surprised. Acting was always my first love in High School. It is just so neat to watch my son love it like I did (and still do!).

So, here's to Jackson's first attempt at making the big time. I'll let you know what happens.

2 comments:

idrawonthewalls said...

Just FYI:
http://www.easybackgroundcheck.com/proscout.html

Unknown said...

enjoy the experience! sounds exciting.