Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I am getting stronger

It seems the more I work out the stronger I become. That's the way it's supposed to be right? I am really excited about the progress I'm making at the gym. You see it wasn't THAT long ago I was training and running marathons. Heck I even finished a mini triathlon in Denver, Colorado in 2000. But then I just stopped. Oh, sure I'd walk, occasionally lift a weight but never longer than 30- minutes. I never felt like I had the time. But now...something 's different...something has clicked. I want to be strong again. I want to wear those skinny jeans, that swimsuit and feel good. I want my self-confidence back. And you know what? I'm getting it. One run, one weight session, one day at a time. I've gone from 30 minutes of quick cardio to 60 to 80 minutes of good, hard cardio and lifting, ab work and playing tennis or basketball with my kids.

I just feel good...

1 comments:

Megan Aaron said...

you go girl!! please keep motivating me - now I want to be strong too!