Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Thanks, Mom


This is a photo of my Mom last Thanksgiving. As usual she is working hard to help us have a wonderful dinner.

Today I had the opportunity to spend the entire day with her...we had a BLAST!! She surprised me with a Mother's Day gift I'll treasure forever...a bus trip to Kansas City to a Dinner Theater.

We began our morning enjoying breakfast with her ladies group at Hy-Vee. What fun it was to sit and listen to the women chatter. I have always enjoyed listening and learning from my elders. At 9:30 we headed to our bus and boarded. By 10:00 AM we were on our way. We visited the whole way down, enjoying our time together.

The dinner show was fabulous. The play was Neil Simon's "Rumors" starring John Davidson. Hilarious!! Before the show we were treated to a grand buffet style lunch. DELICIOUS! I splurged a bit on a decadent peach cake dipped in white chocolate and served with peach ice-cream during intermission...divine! (*sigh*)

After the fun we headed back to the bus where we got the surprise of our lives...John Davidson, himself popped in!! My mom went right up to him, introduced herself then made sure one of the ladies that wanted to meet him got the chance. He was very gracious and gave her (Phylis) a big hug. Very sweet.

I appreciated the time Mom and I got to spend together today. Thanks Mom!!!

1 comments:

Amy Birch said...

What a wonderful day you had, Leslie! I'm so happy for you!