Friday, May 30, 2008

A smile is a curve that sets everything straight. ~PhyllisDiller

This quote is on one of my favorite t-shirts I bought last summer at American Eagle. Whenever I wear it I just feel happy! A few months ago I was at a church Relief Society activity and one of my friends commented on my shirt. My good friend Kelly happened to be listening and said, "It is cute and so something that Les would wear!" Her comment made me feel so good. I strive to be one of those people that is happy every moment of everyday. Granted it doesn't always work that way...I can be down in the dumps or grumpy just like anybody...but I try to always see the glass half full.

We have been working on the word "smile" all week. How is it going? This morning my daughter was having a bit of a meltdown. I'll admit I wasn't handling it too well. Grumpy, whiny children turn my smile upside down in a flash. (LOL!! ) Our word kept floating in my mind...smile, smile, smile I told myself. I did and while it didn't make Em's bad attitude go away it made my bad attitude go away so I could react differently to her. Get it?

I am so thankful for second chances, third and fourth chances even, every single day. This smile challenge this week has helped in so many ways. I am keeping track of my progress in my journal. I feel like I am expanding, maturing and becoming a better person when I'm working on the parts of me that need help. I love the fact that I am aware and striving to be the best me possible.

Let me know if you're smiling more this week. How has your week improved? E-mail me at les262@embarqmail.com or just PM me here. I'll send you a $5.00 coupon for the SW store!!

Happy Friday!!!



0 comments: