Monday, May 12, 2008

Just catching up...


I haven't been too inspired lately. Not because I don't want to be or not because I'm not trying to be...I've just been too busy. This week, maybe, just maybe I can breathe a bit. I hope so as I can tell I haven't been writing much. Like I've said before writing is like breathing to me...a must.

Feeling restless lately. So ready for summer and NO RAIN for awhile. We have nice day then it pours. Very hard to plan things.

A few random thoughts...

Why is it I never, ever share my political views with others? Is is because I'm scared? Don't want to cause a confrontation or offend anyone...what? Probably the fact I try not to ever offend others. I grew up with two Democratic parents and a set of Republican grandparents. You would have thought that would have made some nice debates...not at all. Just lots of fighting. So maybe that's why I don't share. I was on Ali's Blog today and enjoyed reading her very political post even though I don't agree with her candidate. We all have a choice, we can vote and have our own opinions. That's what makes the USA so grand. So here goes...(taking a deep breathe...)

I am a Republican!! I will be voting for John McMain this November. Now, I haven't always been a conservative. My first election I voted for Walter Mondale. I grew up in a home that hated Ronald Reagan. I was very liberal throughout college and voted strictly Democrat. Even my first year of marriage I held strong to my liberal way of thinking and voted for Bill Clinton the first time. But then, over time, owning a business, seeing a very different side to the Republican party I became CONSERVATIVE! I am proud of that but like I said...there are just a few things you don't talk about-Religion and Politics.

I hope my views don't offend anyone. Like I said before...that is the great thing about America. We are FREE to choose. I choose McCain but respect you if you choose Obama or Hillary.

Okay, got that out of my system!! LOL!!

If you haven't been on Scrapwords in awhile check it out. I posted the 5 Memorable Moments Contest Winners today. They each win an autographed copy of Lisa Bearnson's new book!!

Happy Monday.

2 comments:

-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
becca said...

I know what you mean about not sharing your political views. I grew up in a very conservative home and live in one now. :-)

your day with your mom sounds like so much fun! Have a good day!