Tuesday, March 25, 2008

So I've been thinking...

I've really been thinking a lot about what it is I want my Blog to truly be. I enjoy visiting other Blogs to get a peek into others "real" life and to be inspired on many levels. Sometimes it's about the scrapbooking, crafts and art. Other times it's how to write, spend time with my kids or books I should read. Blogs are very personal and at the moment I feel like my is not. So...with that in mind I began to truly think about my Blog...what is it I want to share with you?

The title of my blog is "Write. Create. Be." Three of my favorite words. Just saying these words, looking at these words gets me thinking differently. Writing has been a passion of mine since I was in 5th grade. That was the year my wonderful Grammy Kern gave me the sweetest, little golden yellow diary with a lock and key. It was that thoughtful gift that got me into writing down my thoughts, goals and dreams. I wish she were still alive so I could tell her just what that gift meant has meant to my life.

The word Create gives me hope and energy. I love creating scrapbook pages and other crafts. I love letting the real me out on my pages for all the world to see.

The word Be is the best word of all. Last summer while visiting friends in Utah I found the perfect item to decorate my home. It's a slate tile that sets on an easel. It says "Just Be". When life is going 90 miles an hour I can just look at that phrase and I breathe easier. "Just Be". Be yourself, enjoy the moment, do what you love. Love, love, love that.

So, after all this thinking about my Blog and playing around with the look of it I've decided on several things...

1) Post more meaningful entries
2) Share my pages and photos more
3) Inspire you

There is no doubt about it. Writing is my one true passion. I could never scrap again, craft again...but I could never, ever not write again. Writing for me is like breathing. It's a must in my life.

So, here's to blogging, creating, inspiring. I hope you enjoy every minute of this journey I'm about to take.

By the way be sure and visit me here . This place is my dream come true!

2 comments:

Megan Aaron said...

you certainly have been thinking! that kind of thinking is really important sometimes!

becca said...

this is why I love blogs!!! I should print it all out and tape it in a journal too. :)