Monday, February 25, 2008

Only Ask

" I'd like to share a chapter out of Sarah Ban Breathnach's Simple Abundance Companion.

Only Ask

There is something that has brought a sense of adventure to my daily round: it's asking for what I want. Help. Advice. Wisdom. Guidance. Information. We want, we need, we desire, we yearn, but we don't ask. We ask for things like...please give me the salt or can I have a raise or Molly, would you please take care of my plants while I'm gone?

So many times we need to ask for bigger things but don't because we are afraid somebody will say no. We choose not to ask, but we continue to wish, existing in a state of deprivation. Asking comes with no guarantees. But I know that if we don't ask, we haven't got a prayer.

This week, start asking for what you want. Ask your husband to take the kids for the afternoon so you can scrap for an hour or two. Ask the kids to pick up there own rooms so you don't have to. Ask for the day off. Ask for a raise. Ask for what you need and want. Ask to be answered. Ask with a grateful heart and you will be heard.

Challenge: Answer these questions in your journal this week.

1) What talent have you yearned for that would make your life richer? Could it be those talents are already within you?

2) What dreams and talents do you posess right now that you are nurturing, tending, allowing to flourish?

3) What are the blocks that have kept you from asking for the things ou need- from your family, your friends, your employer, yourself?

0 comments: